HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis
- Had sex with a HIV positive partner or someone whose HIV status is unknown.
- Injected drugs and shared equipment such as needles or syringes with others
- Slept with anyone who has any of the risk factors above or whose history you are unsure off.
Factors that can increase the risk of HIV infection include:
- Condom Break
- Presence of Blood (e.g. Menses)
- Presence of cuts
- Presence of Ulcers or other sexually transmitted infections in either partner
- You are not circumcised
- Intercourse with high risk partner (Multiple partners, injects drugs, or a man who has sexual intercourse with another man)
How much does the HIV PEP cost?
The usual costs involved are:
Consultation + Medication – $1860
Rapid HIV test (if necessary) – $50
Baseline blood tests (if necessary) – $140
1.) Consultation $60-$80
(Depending on the duration of the consultation)
2.) Blood tests (Full Blood Count, Liver Function, Kidney Function) $140.00
These tests are to establish a baseline.
We do not need to wait for these results to start the PEP treatment.
You may not need these tests if you had them done recently e.g. when you did an executive health screening
3.) Rapid HIV Testing $50
This is to ascertain that you do not have an established HIV infection
4.) Medication $1800
This is for the entire 1 month of medication
The price is the same regardless of which drug regime we use
Total cost From $1860 – $2070 before GST Maximum
*If you do not require the blood tests (e.g. you have done them recently) the cost will be lower.
* The new HIV PEP Drugs that we use have lesser side effects than the old medicines.
Make sure you know what drugs you are taking before you start on the PEP.
So what now?
If you think you are at risk of being infected with HIV, come down to see us as soon as possible during our clinic hours.
We will have an in-depth discussion with you on your risks and whether or not it is recommended that you take PEP.
Need more advice?
Come down to Our Clinics for a discussion with Our Doctors, or call our clinics for more information:
After hours PEP Enquiries Service:
We have an after hour PEP service to cater the needs of patients to ensure they are able to receive PEP treatment within the 72 hours window period after clinic hours.
If you are seeking for PEP treatment after hours SMS or WhatsApp our PEP HOTLINE at +65 8728 7272 (24/7) and we will respond to you as soon as we can.