Penis Enlargement

Your penis size is more normal than you think.

Many websites and advertisements promote various methods including pills, gels, surgeries and injections to lengthen or broaden the penis. All these methods not only do not work but can potentially cause irreversible damage to your penis. Do not be taken in by these lies and scams.

Your penis is very likely more normal than you think. The average penis measures 7.5cm to 10cm when it is flaccid and 12.5cm to 17.5cm when it is fully erect. Only when the penis is shorter then 7.6cm when erect is it considered a problem. This problem is known as micropenis.

There is not one single medical society or organization in the world that approves any method for enlarging the penis. In fact, certain organizations like the American Society for Plastic Surgeons have issued policy statements specifically stating their position against any kind of cosmetic surgery to enlarge the penis.

Pills and lotions have never been proven to work. In fact, some of them might contain chemicals or hormones that can irreversibly damage your body.

The average penis measures 7.5cm to 10cm when it is flaccid and 12.5cm to 17.5cm when it is fully erect. Only when the penis is shorter then 7.6cm when erect is it considered a problem.

Vacuum pumps are used to treat erectile dysfunction. Because they cause the penis to engorge with blood, it might appear to make the penis larger. Unfortunately, excessive pumping can lead to permanent damage of the erectile tissue of the penis. This in turn leads to softer erections.

There have been many surgical methods described to enlarge the penis. None of these methods have been approved by any Medical Organization in the world. Many of them can lead to permanent damage of the penis.

Certain practitioners have tried to use injections to increase the girth of the penis. They inject various substances from Hyaluronic Acid fillers to fat taken from other parts of the body. Some practitioners even use fat from cadavers. These procedures all have potential serious side effect of permanently affecting the sensation of the penis. Furthermore, when these substances are absorbed, they are absorbed unevenly giving the penis a very unnatural lumpy appearance.

Penile Enlargement treatments are unapproved and can lead to Permanent Damage to your penis!

If you think you penis is too small there are things you can do.

First of all speak to our Doctors. We will be able to determine if your penis is truly pathologically small or is of normal length.

You might also want to speak to a counselor to address your worries. Sometime all you need is a little reassurance.

Speak with your partner. Your partner might not have the same concerns as you about your penis size.

Losing weight and exercising more will take away that overhanging belly fat and large thighs that can make your penis look smaller than it is. Being in better shape will also allow you to perform better during sex regardless of the size of your penis.

Trimming or removing your pubic hair will also make your penis look instantly larger.

If you feel your penis size is affecting your performance in bed, try getting treatment for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation.

Click here to learn more about Erectile Dysfunction
Click here to learn more about Premature Ejaculation


More likely than not, there is nothing wrong with the size of your penis.

Don’t be fooled by marketing of cures that might cause you more harm then good.

Need more advice?

Come down to Our Clinics for a discussion with Our Doctors, or call our clinics for more information:



  1. inderjeet

    Sir i have micropenis can i treatment this problem

  2. Hi Doc, I’m 25 and my penis size when flaccid is 3cm and erect at 8cm. After my circumcision due to phimosis it increased abit.. is this a problem? And also I can’t seem to grow facial hair and barely any hair on my legs and arms. Please help. Thanks in advance!

    • You may have a hormonal deficiency. You should see a doctor and get some tests done.

      • Thanks Dr tan. By the way, if I really do have hormonal deficiency would going treatment help with the size and/or the hair growth?

        • Yes absolutely. Testosterone is directly responsible for genital size development and body hair growth. If you have been deficient all this while, the treatment will certainly fix both these issues.

      • jeffrey

        Hi dr tan what is the sign for hormonal deficiency.. Does treatment really help in growth in lenght..

        • drtan

          It depends on what kind and at what age. If you think you are deficient in hormones that is causing your penis to be small, you may be lacking other secondary male characteristics like facial hair, upper body muscle development, adam’s apple, deepening of voice etc

  3. Hi !! I would like to enlarge my penis and cure premature ejaculation. Can I use my Medisave to for treatment ??

  4. Rohan Dutta

    Hi Sir,
    I’m Rohan all over from India and now here working in Singapore as a construction worker. Well lemme come to the main topic now, Sir i’ve been facing this problem from last 5-6 years, i had several girl friends and the thing is that i got ditched by all of’em. The thing is that my penis is too small for them to get satisfied it’s barely 4inch when it gets full erected and thin as a thumb and my age is now 24. It’s been really shame for me to sleep around with any girls nowwa days, i had one girl friend last few months and she mocked me alot staring a my penis.I really feel ashame and embaressed when ever i remember those days.
    And recently last month i bought few pill from wow.nutrition paying around $300sgd i had that for a month and a half but no changes not even a frikkin half inch got incresed.
    So Sir i would highly appreiate if you could help me to increase the size of my penis as i came to know about you a lot so thinking and hoping only you can help.

    • It is best to come in to let us assess your penis. You may need some testing done to find out if there is any underlying cause to your small penis size. Unfortunately, there is no approved drugs or surgery to be used for penis enlargement.

  5. Hii ser inlarjment in may penice and thik pleas how you tritment in may penice and strong

  6. hello doctor i’m 21 years old and i want to get my size i think it’s too small also my girlfriend said like a child how can i do pls tell me some advice

    • I suggest you consult a doctor to get it assessed. Perception of size of the penis is very subjective. Some may think a 6-inches penis is small. If you truly have micropenis, the only solution is a surgery.

  7. Hi Dr Tan,
    My penis is bend downwards 45 degrees at the root when erect. The root is also thinner during both erection and no erection.
    I think the cause is due to putting my penis downwards when wearing tight underwear and sometimes erect downwards in tight underwear since I starting wearing underwear(which is like primary 1).
    Is there any natural way to straighten it? Like any food that can help? I heard vitamin E help, is it true? How about those penis extender device that need to put on for long hours? Would you recommend these devices for straightening and lengthening penis?

    • Dr Justin Sim

      If you really do have curvature at 45 degrees when erect then you will need surgery to correct this. Unfortunately the penis extenders won’t work and there are no supplements that can help this.

  8. inderjeet

    hi sir i am forigner worker i am only sunday free so i want meet u in sunday so which clinic i come

  9. Sohel

    My panish is very small &not very strong I worry to marriage so please help me to give me a medicine name how to panish bigger& strong

    • I do not think a small penis should worry you. A successful marriage does not rely on your penis size. I’m not sure what you meant by “strong”. If you meant having an erection, then yes we can help you. We cannot enlarge your penis unfortunately.
      If you are keen to have a consultation, visit us at any of our clinics.

  10. I am concerned if i have permanent penis damage after years of masturbation. I hardly have an erection hard enough for intercourse now. How can it be healed once and for all, and not by taking viagra? Possible?

    • drtan

      I have yet to see excessive masturbation cause any real penis damage. The ED problem in these cases I find are more psychological then physiological. You also got the mistaken impression that Viagra heals ED. It does not. It just relieves the symptoms temporarily. You first need to have some tests to find out what your real problem is before we can comment on whether or not a cure is possible.

  11. Sohel Mahmud

    Hi doctor,
    I have a problem on my penis my penis around got some pimple but I didn’t get pin of that it’s like pimple but really isn’t pimple.

  12. I am 40yrs old, I think I have ED problem. When I was 17 yrs old, I had Thyroid disease and partially Thyroid removed. afterward, I need to take oroxine 100mcg x 2 tablet daily and permanently. I have see Doctor regarding my problem. Doctor gave me some medicine for my ED problem. udenafil tablets 200mg from korea manufacturer. like my above description, what do you think ? Is my ED problem is caused by Thyroid disease, if you think that I still carry on to take Udenafil tablet when I need it ? What is the good solution for ED issues ? I would like to hear more advise. Thanks

    • I’m sorry we cannot give medical advice over the internet. As general information, I can tell you that if you have been seeing your doctor and had blood tests done for your thyroid and those are normal, then that should not be contributing to the ED. The treatment of ED can be complex and the causes can be multiple. You are welcome to see us for a proper medical consult. Click HERE for more info on ED causes and treatments.

      • Thanks Dr.Tan, May I know that whether I need to make appointment for medical consult ?

  13. 医生请问新加坡有阴茎延长手术吗?如有会贵吗?我是pr…还有割包皮手术后,性爱时间变短了。才一分钟不到。为什么?

    • 对不起。依我说知新加坡没有任何医生会做阴茎延长手术。割包皮手术后你的龟头会比较敏感。

  14. Hi doctor .. what do u think of vimax penis pills and the extender is it good ? And what will you recommend?

    • Dr Justin Sim

      Penis pills do not work. Period. Some are unlicensed and can contain potentially harmful medications. So it is best to avoid them. Penis pumps and extenders work by drawing blood into the penis to make it appear larger. But this effect only lasts as long as the pump is being used. It does not lead to any long term gain.

      The only way to make your penis larger is to go for surgery. But in most cases this is only for those who truly have a small penis called micro-penis (which is a fully erect penis less than 3 inches in length). Remember that the average size of a fully erect penis is 5-6 inches.

  15. Hi Dr Tan, I’m currently 27 and it seems like I’m having micropenis. as per check testosterone supplements will help in assisting growth of length of penis in my age group. Is it true?

    • It is IF your micropenis is due to Testosterone deficiency. So the first thing to do is to check your testosterone levels.

      • can i do the test at any clinic? and how much does it cost?

        • Go to the polyclinic. It is as cheap as you can get in Singapore. Government subsidized. I am assuming you are Singaporean.

  16. Bambrick

    Dr Tan
    I suffered from weight loss and muscle loss in my late 30’s a few months after that I noticed my penis has shrunk is this because of Low T once I start treatment with I regain my regular penis size I also just started taking Zinc 50mg and Vitamin a supplement whatshould I do

    • Weight loss, muscles loss and penile atrophy can all be symptoms of low testosterone. Since you are in your late 30’s, this is a definite possibility. You should see your doctor and get a testosterone test or other tests that your doctor might deem necessary. If your testosterone is truly low, you will likely benefit from testosterone replacement therapy.

  17. when i see gril my penis so angry but when do sexy 2 menit after my power fenice ..u thibk my penise smol..i maried i working sinapir but i go back scert i can make baby or not ..i want cheek my penise aevrything

  18. please save my life

  19. Doctor i am 23 years old please help me i think my penis is too small about 8 cm only in ejaculation time please help me and email to me some valuable feedback and how can i increase my penis length and girth? and also prescribe some effective doctors and medicine please save my life.

    • OK this is being a little bit dramatic. As you can see from my article, I am not a proponent of treatments to increase penis size. If you have a hormonal or medical problem resulting in a small penis, this should be investigated and treated. If you do not, then you should really regain your confidence and move on with life. Most treatments and surgery to increase penis size really do not work and can result in severe side effects.

  20. How to enlarge my penis

    • As the article said, most penis enlargement treatments are a hoax. If you think you have a pathologically small penis, please go see your doctor.

  21. helo dr i want penis 12.5cm is it suiteble fir sex?

  22. Mr.Dr.Tan please address send to my mail. Urologist clinic which place is good in sinapore.because Im a foreigner worker I don’t … Please tell me .

  23. Hi sir , im 29 oldolder, really im not happy in my micro penis.I want see urologist about my micro penis , hot get good penis. please give me your valuable feedback . which clinic is better in Singapore… Thank you

    • drtan

      You are welcome to see us and we will refer you to the appropriate specialist.

    • Thank you sir… how to get your appointment please

  24. jewel sarker

    Jewel hi
    Doctor please inform me your medical have any titmend my problem I’m coming your medical can

  25. jewel sarker

    Hi Dear doctor
    Sri my problem is my pennie is very soft and very ismol and sot you have any titmend please inform thanks jewel

  26. Hi doctor

    I’am 17 and my penis’ circumference is only 10.5cm. is that normal? Will it grow further? and by how much?

  27. Hi Dr Tan How can I improve my sexual time when doing sex ?

    • You mean you have premature ejaculation? See your doctor, there are medicines that can help.

  28. Hi Dr Tan,
    My penis is bend downwards 45 degrees at the root when erect. The root is also thinner during both erection and no erection.
    I think the cause is due to putting my penis downwards when wearing tight underwear and sometimes erect downwards in tight underwear since I starting wearing underwear(which is like primary 1).
    Is there any natural way to straighten it? Like any food that can help? I heard vitamin E help, is it true? How about those penis extender device that need to put on for long hours? Would you recommend these devices for straightening and lengthening penis?

    • I do not know of any food or devices that can straigthen or lengthen the penis.

  29. William

    Hi Dr Tan, I am an adult. Since young I have the condition of Phimosis but it has not affected my marriage life, in fact I have two children now. Recently I felt itch under the foreskin and I believe it was due to the difficulty in cleaning. Would you recommend a circumcision procedure to remove them ? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

    • I assume you do not have Diabetes. If you do, the chance of fungal infections is high and for that reason, getting a circumcision done is a good idea. If you do not have Diabetes, we would generally not recommend a circumcision if the symptoms are just some itching. You can try an OTC anti-fungal treatment first. Most times, this works very well.

  30. Samuel

    Hello Drtan thank you for your reply. I went to remove the hyaluron with hyaluronidase last week. There is a little improvement in some sexual positions but its still the same thing. Since orchidopexie on my left testicle i dont get as aroused at the left side of the base of my penis as usual(thats where the retractile testicle usually entered). After the odrchidopexy the left testicle was fixed at the base of my scrotum and i couldnt really perform sex. Now since i reversed the orchidopexy and the left testicle is freed again but cant move as high as before, my sex improved as I told you but is not up to what it was before.
    One doctor (who is the head urologist of one of Austrias biggest hospitals)told me i have Venous leakage and with his invented surgery wich cost 2000 euros it can be stopped. Sincerly i dont trust this doctor 100 percent because he already been a bit insincere with me before and i have the feeling he is using me as a study. Besides he couldnt produce one single patient who has done this surgery. When i told him i read this surgery only helps for around 2 years and then the situation get worse he told me that he has improved the method and how many people he helped but as said couldnt provide one of those patients. Should I just wait and hope that my body heals and accustomes to the new situation and that with more sex the condition gets better or should i consider a surgery. I´ve waisted plenty of time and lots of money on my condition.. Thank you for any advise Drtan !

    • I really wish I could help you however I am not a urologist and your problem is outside my field of expertise. I think the logical thing for you to do is to seek another opinion from a different urologist before making your decision.

  31. Samuel

    Hello im glad i`ve found your site because you seem sceptical about penis procedures.
    Years ago i had to undergo orchidopexy, right after that i got erection Problems. Altough i`m above average i had a doctor do penis thikening with hyaluronic acid because i though it might help my erection Problems. After an emotionally painful time i found a doctor who undid the orchidopexy and my Sexlife immidiately improved. Well it is still not like before and i feel reduction of Sensation in my penis. I think i should remove hyaluronic acid with hyaluronidase or ? Do you think it is possible to fully remove the hyaluronic acid ? Thank you for your advise.

    • Samuel

      Sorry that my request has been posted twice.

    • I am sorry you had to go through so much. You are right that I am very sceptical about such procedures. The HA can very well to causing the reduced sensation in your penis. Hyaluronidase is very effective in removing HA. I think doing that will restore some (hopefully all) sensation to your penis. However, if nerves have been damaged, the numbness is irreversible.

  32. samuel

    I`m happy i found your site because you seem to be critical about all these procedures.
    I used to have a very good sexlife until i had orchidopexy surgery at 30 years old. Immidiately after the surgery i had erectile Problems. Although i´m above average i also resorted to hyaluronic Acid thickening thinking it could help my E.D. After an emotionally painful time i found a doctor that undid the orchidopexy. My Sexlife improved immidiately but i still not like before. Since i also feel Sensation loss i think i should remove the hyaluronic Acid or ? Do you think it is possible to really wholly remove it ? Thank you for your advise

  33. Hi Doctor,
    Please help me out.
    My penis size is only 2 inches when it errect..Its not at all satisfied to any women.
    what I need to b done. I m just 22 and I dnt want that in future my wife will not satisfy.
    Plz help me

    only 2 inches when it errect

    • See a Urologist and find out if there is an underlying problem.

  34. Hi Doctor,
    Please help me out.
    My penis size is only 2 inches when it perfect..Its not at all satisfied to any women.
    what I need to b done. I m just 22 and I dnt want that in future my wife will not satisfy.
    Plz help me

  35. Hye doc tan.
    Can i knw hoelw to solve micropenis problem?

    • drtan

      First you need to find out the underlying cause. It could be hormonal or genetic. The treatment would then depend on the cause found. Please post any follow up questions on

  36. How long can max to be extended?

  37. Hi Doctor,
    Long Long ago, I put the silicon liquid.
    I think now it is become freeze and sometime I got pain.
    So, What will I do, and How can I do.
    I don’t want to get the cancer.
    Please give me your advice.
    with best regards

    • You mean you had fillers injection into your penis? You need to see the doctor who did it for you. Or see a urologist to have them removed.

  38. I loose my Penis soon during the sex time what do i do

    Hi Dear Sir,

    Please give me advice I loose my penis in a Moment during the Sex what do I do to increase my sexual time during the sex Please send ur information on this Email Address

    • Sounds like Erectile Dysfunction. Go see your doctor and get some treatment.

  39. when i was born my pines becames vary small, vary thin & attached with the lower it possible to enlarge it?please tell me what i have to do?

  40. how much penis enlargement fees?

    • I think you read the post wrongly. I advice against penis enlargement.

  41. Hi doctor

    My penis when fully erect is only 10cm? Is it normal?

    Flacid length is around 4-6cm.

    • I assume you are a normally developed adult male. Yes that is within the normal range.

  42. hi doctor….
    iI have the some proplems in my penis. how can enlargement my penis.plz give me your advice or treatment doctor.

    • Perhaps you read the post differently. I am advising against penile enlargement treatments. If you think you have a medical problem, please see your doctor. Please post any follow up questions on

  43. Hello Doctor,

    Most people appear to say that you have to accept what you’ve got. Well I don’t choose to accept this and am seeking advice from any medical experts like yourself.

    My wife found this site whilst I was at work and told me to give it a try. I’ve spoken to a few other men who also claim that exercises can increase the size of your penis, and I would like to know what you think?

    Thank you


    • I am naturally sceptical of such claims. However, I go with the principle that if it causes no harm, then there is no harm trying it. Since the website link you provided does not provide any details as to their treatment, I cannot comment on whether it is potentially harmful or not. If you do decide to purchase their treatment, I would advice you to bring it to your doctor and seek his opinion before actually embarking on the treatment. If it works, good for you.

  44. 2012年9月17日


  45. 你好医生:
    请问伟哥和艾力达可以同时服用么? 你那里有这两种药么?

    • 你好。 伟哥和艾力达是可以同时服用但是二十四小时之内不能超过药物的最大剂量。比如你已经服用了100mg伟哥,二十四小时之内你就不能服用别的同类的药物。我们诊所有这两种药。

  46. hi doctor….
    i would like to check the cost for penis enlargement.
    may i know the cost:

    • Hi nnmt,

      I think you misread the post. I am against penis enlargement. I think as long as there is no secondary cause like hormonal issues or genetic issues, patients should just be reassured about their penis sizes.


      Dr Tan

  47. Abdullah mastan khan

    Hieee i jz wanna check wit u…hw much will it cost of enlargement my penis


    Dear Doctor,
    It is very interesting reading your snippets. I need some advice from you.

    I am now suffering from Azoospermia/Orligospermia for about 1 year.I am also suffering from ED & under treatment for Low Testetorone.Being single I depend on ejaculates to release my sexual desire/tension through masturbation. The amount of sperm I saw is not even a drop of blood use for diabetes sugar level test.Ihad BHP surgery and I think my azoospermia became more pronounce after the surgery.Could you kindly advice what I can do ?


    Ronald Wee


  1. Micropenis | Men's Health - […] Click here to learn more about Penis Enlargement […]
  2. got any way 2 make kkj grow bigger? - - [...] Penis Enlargement | Men's Health [...]