Anonymous HIV Testing at Our Clinic.
In 2008, we were given the mandate by the Ministry of Health to conduct anonymous HIV testing.
Not all clinics are allowed to conduct anonymous HIV tests. This is because according to the Infectious Diseases Act, all medical personnel are required to inform MOH of the details of any person they know or suspect of being infected with HIV. Our clinic signed a gazette that is filed with the Supreme Court of Singapore to excuse us from this section of the Infectious Diseases Act. We are therefore mandated under Singapore Law to be allowed to conduct Anonymous HIV tests. Yes, it is a big deal.
We use only current first in line HIV tests that are validated and approved according to the latest International Standards.
All Our Doctors are fully certified and trained in advance HIV testing.
We use only single use and disposable equipment and are validated by MOH for Good Infection Control Practices.
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting an Anonymous HIV test done at our clinic.
1. Anonymous HIV tests are conducted at our clinic at Robertson Walk.
2. You do not need an appointment. Just walk in to our clinic anytime during our opening hours.Click Here for Contact Details, Address and Opening Times.
3. Let our staff at the counter know that you are here for the ‘3 step test’
4. You will be given a form that looks like this: AHT Registration Form
5. As you can see, the form does not require any personal details from you.
6. This form has a serial number on it : AHT####. You will be identified according to this number.
7. You will be given a pamphlet with information on various HIV and STD tests. Your serial number will also be on this pamphlet. Hold on to it.
8. When the doctor is ready to see you, the staff will ask you to go into the doctor’s room.
9. When you meet the doctor, this is your chance to ask all the questions you want to ask.
10. You should also let the doctor know if you suspect or wish to test for any other STDs.Click here to see the full range of our HIV/STD Services
11. We offer both the Oraquick Advance HIV 1/2 Test, the Determine HIV 1/2 Test and the SD Bioline HIV Combo test.Click here for info on the Rapid Anonymous HIV Combo Test
12. The doctor will ask you a few pertinent questions then conduct the test for you.
13. You will need to wait 20 minutes for the results.
If you test Negative for HIV
1. The doctor will advise you on when to come back for a repeat test if you are in the window period.
2. This is another chance for you to ask whatever questions you have with regards to HIV or any other STDs.
3. You can then leave the clinic but please remember to come back for your repeat test if required.
If you test Positive for HIV
1. The doctor will draw a blood for a confirmatory Western Blot test. This test is also anonymous.
2. This test might take up to 2 weeks for us to get the results.
3. Because you tested at our clinic, there will be no notification requirements.
4. You can leave a contact number or email for us to contact you with the Western Blot results. Or you can contact us after 2 weeks.
5. Our doctor will then discuss with you the next steps.
6. All of this still remains anonymous.
Video on HIV Signs and Symptoms
Please post any questions you have with regards to Anonymous HIV testing in the comments section below.
Also, if you have had HIV testing at our clinic and have any feedback on our service, please also post in the comments section below.
If you have any questions, visit our free online forum on sexual health, HIV and STDs.Click here for Info on STD Symptoms in Men Click here for Info on STD Symptoms in Women
If you had a high risk exposure to HIV within the past 72 hours, you can take medicines to reduce your risk of actually contracting HIV. Find out more on HIV PEP Treatment.
If not read more about HIV symptoms.
Can’t wait for 3 months to find out? Find out more about Rapid HIV Combo test at our clinics.
Robertson Walk 6238 7810Click Here for Contact Details, Address and Opening Times. Click here to contact us
About Dr. Tan
Dr. Tan graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2001. His residency was in the two largest public hospitals in Singapore; Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Singapore General Hospital.
Need more advice?
- Robertson Walk (Anonymous HIV Clinic) (+65 6238 7810)
- DUO Galleria (Bugis MRT) (+65 6976 5023)
- Novena Medical Centre (+65 6397 2095)
- Somerset – Orchard Building (+65 6262 0762)
- Raffles Place – PLUS (+65 6962 7144)
- Holland V (+65 6235 1339)
- Siglap (East Coast Road) (+65 6962 2144)
Where to find us – here
Selected clinics are open on Saturday and Sunday.
For lady patients who prefer female doctors, we have professional certified female Doctors to attend to your medical needs.