Understanding HIV & AIDS: A Guidebook to HIV and AIDS Prevention – free eBook
Understanding HIV and AIDS:
A Guidebook to HIV and AIDS Prevention
“While running a clinic that is part of the MOH Anonymous HIV Screening Program,
it is inevitable that I end up conducting a fair bit of HIV screening.
In the course of my work I have noticed
the rising rates of people contracting HIV.
That’s is why my we decided to publish this eBook to help
the community at large to understand more about
the importance of HIV screening and HIV treatment.
With more awareness people can take precautionary measures to
help prevent themselves from being infected with HIV.
It is very important for people to know their HIV status,
as with early detection patients can seek early treatment. And, with treatments
patients still can have a normal, healthy and productive life.”
– Dr Tan & Partners
Table of Contents
1. What is HIV
2. How is HIV Transmitted
3. Understanding Window period
4. The Signs & Symptoms of HIV and AIDS
5. Types of Test
6. Test and Window periods
7. HIV 4th Generation Test Singapore
8. Anonymous HIV Testing
9. How to Protect yourself from STDs HIV
10. HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
11. Tablets to prevent HIV – PrEP
12. Newly Diagnosed
13. Treatment for HIV
14. HIV Cure
15. AIDS Phobia – The New HIV?
16. More on HIV: Types, Subtypes, Groups and Strains
17. HIV risk / Risk of HIV Infection / Transmission
18. How effective are Condoms, Diaphragms and
Circumcision in preventing HIV transmission?
19. Getting HIV from Oral Sex
20. Female to Female Sexual Transmission of HIV
21 In a nutshell
Ask Us more about HIV & STD on your forum:
Need more advice?
1.) Robertson Walk (+65 6238 7810)
2.) Bencoolen Street (+65 6884 4119)
3.) Novena Medical Centre (+65 6397 2095)
4.) Scotts Medical Centre (+65 6694 2348)
5.) Somerset – Orchard Building (+65 6262 0762)
6.) Katong – East Coast Road (+65 6635 2551)
Where to find us – hereClick Here for Contact Details, Address and Opening Times.
Selected clinics are open on Saturday and Sunday.
Doctor’s Schedule here
Feel free to email your queries, feedback and suggestions on what other topics you want to see in the comments section below.