HIV PEP treatment at our clinic
If you have had a high risk exposure to HIV in the last 72 hours read on.
You are a potential candidate for PEP if:
- You have been exposed to potentially HIV infected body fluids
- Your exposure was less than 72 hours ago
Factors that can increase the risk of HIV infection include:
- Condom Break
- Presence of Blood (e.g. Menses)
- Presence of cuts
- Presence of Ulcers
- You are not circumcised
International PEP Guidelines
What HIV PEP drugs do we use?
We use the current first in line HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis Medicines with fewer side effects and better HIV prevention. This is in accordance with the latest International Standards.
We use a variety of different Anti-Retro Viral medications in various combinations based on a patient’s specific circumstances.
We do not believe in a ‘on-size-fits-all’ approach.
Although different medicines are used, they all have to be taken for 1 month.
What are the HIV PEP side effects?
With the new PEP Drugs we use, side effects are very rare. Fewer than 1 in 100 of our patients actually develop any side effects.
Common (< 1%) side effects include nausea, diarrhoea and feeling very tired.
Rash and fever are uncommon (< 0.1%) side effects.
There is a theory that these drugs can affect the liver and kidneys temporarily so these have to be monitored.
We routinely monitor all patients who take PEP but have never come across anyone develop kidney or liver problems with the medicines.
The new HIV PEP Drugs that we use have fewer side effects compared to old medicines. Make sure you know what drugs you are taking before you start on the PEP.
How much does the HIV PEP cost?
The usual costs involved are:
- Consultation $60-$80
- Depending on the duration of the consultation
- Blood tests (Full Blood Count, Liver Function, Kidney Function) $140
- These tests are to establish a baseline
- We do not need to wait for these results to start the PEP treatment
- You may not need these tests if you had them done recently e.g. when you did an executive health screening
- Rapid HIV test $50
- This is to ascertain that you do not have an established HIV infection
- Medication $1800
- This is for the entire 1 month of medication
- The price is the same regardless of which drug regime we use
Total cost $2193.50 – $2214.90 with GST Maximum
If you do not require the blood tests (e.g. you have done them recently) the cost will be lower.
So what now?
If you think you are at risk of being infected with HIV, come down to see us as soon as possible.
We will have an in depth discussion with you on your risks and whether or not it is recommended that you take PEP.
We are a walk in clinic, you do not need an appointment.
Need more advice?
- Robertson Walk (Anonymous HIV Clinic) (+65 6238 7810)
- DUO Galleria (Bugis MRT) (+65 6976 5023)
- Novena Medical Centre (+65 6397 2095)
- Somerset – Orchard Building (+65 6262 0762)
- Raffles Place – PLUS (+65 6962 7144)
- Holland V (+65 6235 1339)
- Siglap (East Coast Road) (+65 6962 2144)
Where to find us – here
Selected clinics are open on Saturday and Sunday.
For lady patients who prefer female doctors, we have professional certified female Doctors to attend to your medical needs.
We are Open on Weekends.
Call us at 63972095 now to book your appointment.