Free PAP smear -1st May 2015 –> 31st July 2015
Good news ladies!
As part of the Women’s Gynaecological Awareness Month (WGCAM) Campaign 2015, our clinic has registered as one of the panel clinic offering FREE pap smear!
Why is it important to have PAP smear screening?
PAP smear screening is performed for early detection of cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is the easiest gynaecological cancer to prevent and treat with regular screening and follow up.
Cervical cancer is caused by the Human papilloma virus (HPV). There are currently 2 types of HPV vaccines available – cervarix and gardasil.
In Singapore, the recommended national pap smear screening programme is for women aged >25 years who have ever had sex to have pap smear test once every 3 years. (if you have had an abnormal pap smear results, you will have to go for more frequent follow up as advised by your doctor)
The procedure is FREE to all eligible women.
NO CONSULTATION or PROCEDURAL FEES shall be charged to all eligible women.
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Women aged between 25-69 years old who have had sexual intercourse.
- Currently not menstruating and be at least seven days after the end of your last menstrual period.
- Avoid sex for at least 48 hours before the screening
- Have not used spermicides, vaginal creams, lubricant jellies, vaginal medications or tampons at least 48 hours before the screening.
As the saying goes, ‘Prevention is better than cure’.Click here for our full range of Women’s Health Services
Need more advice?
- Robertson Walk (Anonymous HIV Clinic) (+65 6238 7810)
- DUO Galleria (Bugis MRT) (+65 6976 5023)
- Novena Medical Centre (+65 6397 2095)
- Somerset – Orchard Building (+65 6262 0762)
- Raffles Place – PLUS (+65 6962 7144)
- Holland V (+65 6235 1339)
- Siglap (East Coast Road) (+65 6962 2144)
Where to find us – here
Selected clinics are open on Saturday and Sunday.
For lady patients who prefer female doctors, we have professional certified female Doctors to attend to your medical needs.